Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Dad, Gary Donald Francis (1942-2007)

Friends,

It is with the heaviest imaginable heart that I let you know that my Dad, Gary Donald Francis, died at 4:41am this morning at home with my Mom and me at his side after what turned out to be a short battle with cancer. Thanks to the many who have been supportive of me through his illness, and I'll continue to need it as I cope with this immeasurable loss. It is hitting me especially hard. I am not sure what to do with myself. I can't sleep, although I've been up for over 24 hours. The grief is too much. The finality of Dad being gone forever frightens me. It seems so surreal, maybe like Dad felt in his final hours when he could see and understand but not communicate. I feel like i am floating through this, like it mustn't be me and isn't really true. And Dad cannot be gone... for good.

For any interested or remotely close, calling hours will be from 2 to 4pm at the Higgins Funeral Home in Tidioute, PA on Saturday, May 19. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, May 20, at 2pm at the Tidioute Baptist Church.

I love and miss you so much, Dad. I am not sure how I'll get along without you. My heart is rended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home