Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Simpsons Love Jeebus

I think it's funny how The Simpsons has gotten such a bad rap over the years from some conservative circles when it is one of the only primetime shows that depicts a sitcom family attending church, saying grace, etc. While it is sometimes irreverent, it also depicts faith in a realistic way, unlike most shows. I shamefully admit that I was one of those pairs of depising eyes until I actually watched an episode back in college and was enlightened. I am still trying to convince my Mom, who watches shows like Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, that The Simpsons isn't of the devil. Funny how effective those right wing talking heads can be in convincing people to fear things unknown...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2006/11/cartoons_seriou.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home